Overseas Membership Information
Only those who wish to join the Japanese Society of Nuclear Medicine and who agree to the overseas membership rules can apply. To enroll, please fill out the enrollment application form below and pay the annual membership fee for overseas members. The annual membership fee will be 5,000 yen (Japanese yen) for one year.
The annual membership fee
Overseas members (doctors and other individuals engaged in medical treatment or research in the field of nuclear medicine): 5,000 yen per year (Japanese yen) * The business year of the Japanese Society of Nuclear Medicine is from September 1st to August 31st of the following year. Even if you join in the middle of the year, the annual membership fee will not change.
Foreign membership rules
- Foreign members should be individuals who agree with the purpose of the Japanese Society of Nuclear Medicine (JSNM) and are physicians or non-physicians engaged in diagnosis, medical treatment or research in the field of nuclear medicine residing overseas.
- Membership extends September 1 – August 31, regardless of join date.
- New membership application is made in person with the application form on the JSNM web page and the annual membership fee of 5,000 yen by credit card.
- Membership is lost in the case of non-payment of dues for 2 years.
- For yearly membership renewal, the annual fee of 5,000 yen shall be paid by credit card.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport is needed to apply for new membership.
- Foreign members can participate in the Annual Meeting of the JSNM at the foreign member’s registration fee decided by the congress chairman.
- From the members-only page of JSNM, foreign members can browse the Annals of Nuclear Medicine (ANM) in full text, which is posted on Springer’s online journal under the contract with JSNM.
- Foreign members do not have the right to vote for or to be elected as a counselor.
- Foreign members are not eligible for qualification as nuclear medicine specialists, PET nuclear medicine certified physicians, PET nuclear medicine dental certified physicians, certified pharmacists, or nuclear medicine practical nurses in the Japanese Board of Nuclear Medicine, or JSNM Award.
- If the membership is breached or misused, it will be forfeited.
- These rules may be revised two years after adoption.
Flow of enrollment procedure
- Register on the membership application form and complete the payment procedure for the annual membership fee.
- You will receive an “Overseas Membership Information Registration Form” by email from the Secretariat of the Japanese Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- Fill out the “Overseas Membership Information Registration Form” and submit it by e-mail to the Secretariat of the Japanese Society of Nuclear Medicine with a copy of your passport.
- The committee will review the submitted “Overseas Member Information Registration Form”.
- The secretariat of the Japanese Society of Nuclear Medicine will inform you by e-mail whether or not you can join after the examination. If you are certified as a member, we will send you the account information on “My Page” for overseas members.
- You can use “My Page” for overseas members.
Renewal of membership after enrollment
- Every July, we will send you an e-mail with information on payment of the annual membership fee. If you wish to continue as an overseas member, please complete the annual membership fee payment procedure with your credit card by the end of August.
Japanese Society of Nuclear Medicine
Blue Ridge Corporation
NISSHIN Bldg. 3-1-17, Nishi-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0031, Japan
Please contact us by email to the above.